Although it may not appear as such, this is a main course salad that you can make in a hurry. It relies on convenience foods like pepared coleslaw or asian salad mix, and quick cooking ramen noodles. I've added cooked salmon, avocados, blanched edaname, sliced almonds, thinly sliced scallions, chopped cilantro, and tossed it all together with a simple dressing. It's a complete meal in a bowl and a favorite at my house.
Ramen Noodle Salmon Salad
- 1 bag coleslaw or Asian salad mix (or a combination of the two)
- 2 pkgs ramen noodles ( 3oz. pkgs), any flavor as you will discard the seasoning packet anyway
- 8 oz. cooked salmon fillet (see note)
- 1 cup cooked and shelled edaname
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (white and green parts)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Note: Drizzle a little olive oil, salt ,and pepper over the salmon fillet, and bake for about 15 minutes in a 350F oven. Cool and cut into chunks before adding to the salad.
Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Remove ramen noodles from package and discard seasoning packet. Break up the noodles with your hands and add to saucepan. Boil for 3 minutes until cooked but not mushy, drain, and allow to cool before adding to the salad. Combine all salad ingredients in a large serving bowl. Can be made in advance up to this point, covered in saran wrap and stored in the refrigerator for several hours. Toss with dressing right before serving.
- 6 T. rice vinegar
- 1 T. fish sauce
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
Whisk together ingredients until combined. Pour over salad and toss.
Don't miss a single post CLICK HERE to subscribe