Vegetable bowls are as much fun to make as they are to eat. Fill them with your favorite vegetables of the season. I chose baby beets, new potatoes, snap peas, fresh asparagus, and colorful spring radishes. The vegetables were lightly roasted to enhance their flavor, except for the snap peas which were blanched. They were then dressed in a dill mustard vinaigrette and served at room temperature. A delicious celebration of spring in a bowl!
Spring veggie bowl
- 1-1/2 lbs. baby gemstone potatoes, washed, kept whole if small, otherwise cut in half
- 1 bunch radishes, washed, trimmed, and halved
- 1 small bunch baby beets, washed
- 1/2 bunch asparagus ( about 12 stalks), ends trimmed, stalks cut in half on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup fresh snap peas
- olive oil
Blanch snap peas in boiling water for a minute, drain. Plunge immediately into ice cold water. Drain and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375F. Keeping vegetables separate, drizzle them lightly with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and roast as follows on a baking sheet.
potatoes - 30 minutes until lightly browned and tender but not mushy.
radishes - 15 minutes
asparagus - 15 minutes
beets - 1 hour To roast beets - wash, do not dry, and place in a parchment lined foil package that is tightly sealed. Bake for approximately 1 hour until you can pierce it with a fork. Cool to room temperature, peel, and slice in half or thirds.
Toss vegetables with dressing and serve at room temperature.
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1/4 c. fresh dill, chopped
pinch of salt
Don't miss a single post CLICK HERE to subscribe