Just when you think you've got more than enough kitchen tools in your arsenal, something new comes along that you feel you must have. That was the case with this julienne peeler that I ordered recently on Amazon Prime. 2 days later it arrived at my door. Perhaps if they didn't make it so easy, I could have resisted, but I must say that I'm happy with my purchase. It's very easy to use, and made perfect little strips of vegetables for this salad. Of course you can also make julienne strips using a knife, a mandolin, or the shredding blade of a food processor.
Chicken Slaw with a Spicy Cilantro Dressing
Makes 4 servings
To make the Chicken Slaw:
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken ( I used store bought rotisserie)
- 2 cups finely shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 cups finely shredded kale
- 2 cups finely shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned zucchini
- 1 cup julienned snow peas (cut into strips using a knife, not the peeler)
- 1 T. black sesame seeds
To make the Cilantro Dressing:
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 medium)
- 1 T. fish sauce
- 1/2 t. red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 t. sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- pinch salt
Add the cilantro dressing ingredients to a mini food processor or blender and process until smooth. May be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
In a large serving bowl, mix together the chicken slaw ingredients. Toss with cilantro dressing and serve immediately.
Don't miss a single post CLICK HERE to subscribe