When life gives you figs, make salad! Add peppery watercress, creamy bits of goat cheese, toss with a pomegranate dressing and you'll have to admit that salad never tasted so good.
Pomegranate molasses adds a sweet and sour tang to the dressing which is a wonderful compliment to the figs. It can be purchased in Middle Eastern food shops, occasionally at Whole Foods, or online here.
Try brushing this dressing on sliced eggplant ready for the grill...yum!
adapted from Plenty by Yotam Ottolenghi
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and spun dry
- 2 oz. herb goat cheese
- 6 ripe figs
- Pomegranate Dressing:
- 2 tsp. pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Wash and spin dry watercress
- Arrange on platter
- Cut figs into quarters lengthwise
- Arrange over watercress
- Crumble goat cheese on top of salad
- Spoon dressing over salad
Don't miss a single post CLICK HERE to subscribe