We all have those days when there's simply no time to cook, and that's when a dish like this is pure gold. It's a hearty main course salad bursting with color, variety, and plenty of crunch. But the best part is it comes together in about 15 minutes with no cooking involved.But hey, no one needs to know that. It'll be our little secret.
Rotisserie chicken, pre-washed romaine lettuce, and broccoli slaw mix are the secret ingredients. They make assembly of this salad quick and easy. A little chopping and and you're almost done. All that's left is the dressing which comes together quickly in a food processor.
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 package broccoli slaw mix
- 1 cup frozen, shelled edamame, defrosted
- 3 scallions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 1/2 red, yellow, or orange sweet pepper, diced
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- Asian Peanut Dressing:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 3 t. soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 t. sweet chili sauce or 1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 T. rice vinegar
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 2 t. sesame oil
- juice of 1 lime
- In a large salad bowl, mix together romaine lettuce, broccoli slaw, cilantro, edamame, scallions, and bell pepper. Add chicken and avocado.
- Place dressing ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth and emulsified, about 2 minutes.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve immediately.
Don't miss a single post CLICK HERE to subscribe